Decepticon-Nation is a community revolving around fan characters made for the Transformers franchise that label themselves as soldiers of the Decepticon faction. While members may join for the sake of showcasing art and fiction of their Decepticon character or canon Decepticons, the club also has a strong focus on interactive elements.
Characters will be able to participate in a plot based game that allows them to collaborate with fellow members and build the characterization of their creation. The method of interaction will include RP or art/fiction based missions, battles, and contests. Please read the rules and guidelines below to learn how to set up your character for the interactive elements, as well as general rules for art submission.
The club's setting takes place in a more Classic G1 type universe. However, OC's from all different universes are welcome to join. This includes Beast Wars/Machines, Animated, the live action movies, and dare I say Kiss Players. The inclusion of Beast Wars/Machines means tech organics are allowed. Pretenders and human looking tech organics are also allowed.
1. Respect for your fellow players is an expectation of all members. While competitive elements will be present in the game, and "in character" arguments and battles are expected, this should never extend beyond the realm of play, nor should the game be used as a vehicle for player arguments. Suspension, and in extreme cases, bans will be handed out to anyone who intentionally starts or perpetuates fights. Please refrain from making public comments about the expertise of character designers; this community is meant to be a welcoming environment that allows even the most novice of members to grow.
2. Members who want to be part of roleplay, storyline, and missions must provide a submission profile and a Data Pad journal post. The details of which will be written and linked here soon. Please note the links to both these items to the club.
3. Players should refrain from portraying relationships between canon characters and their fan characters in the game. While they may enter art of OCxCanon relationships in the club, it will not serve any relevance to the game, or earn any points. The purpose of this rule is to avoid the complications of multiple fans having their character paired with the same canon character. In addition, since many of these official characters will have roles as NPCs, an expectation for them to keep track of any relationships fans write their characters to have with them is impractical. Rule 3 pertains to both romantic and familial relationships. If being related to a character is intrinsically important to your character's profile, simply pretend it is a secret never discussed.
4. Ask other members before including their character in your fan art, fan fic, or missions. There may be details about their character you must know to draw or write them correctly. They may also just not want free fan art.
5. Art theft is a zero tolerance offense. If artwork is clearly stolen you will be banned from the club. Re-colors of line art and art made from doll bases is acceptable for submissions. However, only use line art that the original artist said was open for use. If they do not say it is open for use please ask them. Also credit all line art and base artists by linking back to them in your image's explanation. Base based art works, line art re-colors, and tracing do not count for points.
6. Only finished artwork and fan fiction may count for credits. By finished, colored or shaded in any medium is preferred. Clean line art is also acceptable.
7. One character to start with per physical person. Making a second DA account is not an acceptable way to get around this rule. Ability to have more character slots will open up later. You are allowed to mention your other OC's in mission submissions and credit submissions. However, they can not be role-played unless they have an accepted DataPad/Profile.
+Info For Joining Gameplay+
Please read all the info in the links below before submitting a profile to the game.
If you need help, please go here: decepticon.yuku.com/forums/100…
[Classes] + [Ranks] + [Credits] + [Forms] + [Join]
+Frequently Asked Questions+
Q: How many OC's are allowed in the game?
A: Currently you start with one, but character slots can be bought with credits as you move up in the game. If you have other characters they can not be roleplayed unless you have purchased an extra slot and have had a Datapad accepted for them. You can mention your other characters in mission submissions and in credit submissions.
Comment to this journal with any questions you may have about the rules.